The Coronavirus Response Fund has launched to support local charities and voluntary organisations that are assisting some of Surrey’s most vulnerable people.
Donations raised through the Community Foundation’s own local Coronavirus Response Fund, as well as funds made available for distribution in Surrey from the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal will support community and voluntary organisations providing vital support to people and communities in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Fund Aim and Priorities
To support community and voluntary groups assisting in the relief effort, in easing the immediate communities are facing and to support their recovery over the coming weeks and months.
Priority will be given to voluntary organisations providing support to the most vulnerable and isolated including:
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People with low incomes
- Families with young children
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to support the following:
- Enabling the delivery of services to vulnerable people – including but not limited to food banks, befriending schemes and other crucial community services and activities to support vulnerable people at this time.
- Providing information, advice, counselling and other support and community services to help people cope with isolation and the emotional stress caused in the short and medium term.
- Supporting essential running costs to enable organisations to continue to deliver vital services.
- Enabling organisations deliver differently – for example equipment to enable remote working or telephone helplines rather than face-to-face support, and moving to one-to-one outreach rather than group activities.
Applying to the Fund online
If you are part of a local charity, community group or social enterprise and are seeking funding, you can apply to the Coronavirus Response Fund in two ways:
Important – Please read the Fund’s Eligibility Criteria before applying.
We are offering telephone interview slots to support groups with this application.
Please email email@example.com and let us know the best time to call you
Mon – Fri (Excluding bank holidays).
Request a time from the following: 9:00am/10:00am/4:00pm/5:00pm
You will need to enter the telephone number you wish for us to reach you on, and we will confirm your call slot by return email or if we need to suggest an alternative time.
Please note: Email requests are checked between 8:00–10:30am and 3:00–5:00pm each working day.
Join our community and get involved in the conversation
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or join our professional LinkedIn Group.
Subscribe for updates
Would you like to receive our email newsletters? We are refreshing our contact lists to ensure that consent is correctly captured as part of new GDPR regulations, so if you previously received our emails, you’ll need to opt-in again. Please click here to subscribe and find out more about the types of email communications we send.