Do you want to make a positive difference to life in Epsom & Ewell? If so, why not join the Panel overseeing the Epsom & Ewell Community Fund?
We are particularly interested in applicants with a private sector background for example, in business, accountancy, wealth management or law.
What we do
The Epsom & Ewell Community Fund is a fund run by local people where those who care about the local community can either donate now, or leave a legacy in the future. The Fund is one of the many funds within the Community Foundation for Surrey, an independent charitable trust established to inspire local giving for local needs.
Established in 2016, the Epsom and Ewell Community Fund supports local community and voluntary groups who are making a difference to the quality of local community life by awarding grants to fund their work. Grants awarded to date include to:
- The Old Moat Garden Centre Café to help more people with mental health difficulties gain work experience and training.
- Epsom & Ewell Colts Youth Football Club to fund subsidised places for young people to play football.
- The Meeting Room to support a drop-in facility for homeless and marginalised people in the Borough.
- Stoneleigh Job Club to support running costs and so support people into employment.
- Epsom Common Association to help the volunteer led group continue their project converting timber from local conservation activities into charcoal.
More information can be found at www.cfsurrey.org.uk/epsomandewell
The key responsibilities of Panel members are:
- Fund development – encouraging new donations to the Fund and raising awareness of it.
- Grant approvals – considering assessed applications and approving grant awards.
- Reviewing and communicating the impact of grants awarded.
The associated requirements for Panel members are:
- Preparing for and attending Panel meetings held three times a year in Epsom and undertaking agreed follow up work.
- Contributing constructively to discussions and supporting Panel decisions.
- Proactively communicating how the Fund works.
Key skills and behaviours required are:
- Commitment to the work of the Community Fund for Epsom & Ewell
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the role
- Strategic vision and sound independent judgment
- A collaborative and constructive approach
- Passion for improving community life in Epsom & Ewell
Panel members are unpaid
If you are interested we would love to hear from you. Given the existing Panel membership, we are particularly interested in applicants with a private sector background for example, in business, accountancy, wealth management or law. But enthusiasm for the work is the most important quality we are looking for.
Please apply by sending your CV to the Chair of the Panel, Chris Frost at CFrost@epsom-ewell.gov.uk by 1700 on 9 November. Chris can also provide more information if required.