The Hambledon Community Fund encourages local giving to develop a greater capacity to respond to village needs. The Fund enables people who love Hambledon to donate money for the exclusive benefit of the village and its people. With your help we can help build a stronger community by supporting local causes that can make impact and that will empower Hambledon to help itself now and in the future.
Why Support the Hambledon Community Fund?
As a village our needs are very specific, and local people are often faced with reduced access to facilities and funding. Our dedicated panel of local residents award grants to:
- Help older or disadvantaged residents combat isolation and stay happy, healthy and included
- Increase facilities, training, skills and experience for young people
- Support village activities, services and community focal points
- Fund projects that improve and preserve the village heritage, culture and environment
How is the fund helping the Hambledon Community?
Since its inception in 2008, the Hambledon Community Fund has awarded 37 grants worth £43,321 to most of the village organisations and to some individuals.
This includes 4 grants in the last 12 months to the Football Club for ground irrigation, the Nursery School towards an outdoor classroom, the Cricket Club for clubhouse LED lighting and the Village Hall towards new double-glazed windows.
The projects that grants have contributed to are summarised below:
- Hambledon Village Shop – kitchen refurbishment, benches for picnic area
- Almshouses – extension and refurbishment of the houses
- Hambledon Cricket Club – maintenance of club grounds including new boundary posts, creosote, movable safety nets, clubhouse lighting improvements
- St. Peter’s Church – purchase and installation of a hearing loop and other audio-visual equipment
- Hambledon Football Club – new changing rooms, mower, ground improvements, pitch irrigation
- Hambledon Nursery School – new outdoor classroom, equipment and development of pond garden area
- Hambledon Festival Committee – PA system for use in village events
- Hambledon Village Hall – two storage heaters, new stage curtains, replacement windows
In addition to the above, a defibrillator was organised by the Parish Council, The Hambledon Village Trust built a toilet block behind the shop and the Hambledon Heritage Society installed a viewpoint map plinth on Hambledon Common.
Download the Area Fund Grant Application Form to apply for a grant up to the value of £2,000.
For grant applications over the value of £2,000, Express your Interest here.
If you’re interested in leaving a legacy to Hambledon, further information can be found here.