Please note this Fund is currently paused and not making awards. We will be pleased to share more information with you in due course.
The Gatwick Foundation Fund was established in 2016 by Gatwick Airport. Gatwick Airport teamed up with Community Foundations in Kent, Surrey and Sussex to launch the Gatwick Foundation Fund which oversees £300,000 worth of annual grants for worthy causes across the region. The donations are divided equally between the Community Foundations in Surrey, Kent and Sussex to make awards to non-profit organisations including charities, social enterprises, community groups and voluntary organisations which play an important role in the local community.
Here in Surrey the Fund supports projects across East Surrey in Tandridge, Reigate and Banstead, and Mole Valley.
Grants awarded may include, but will not be exclusive to, the following areas:
- Employment, training and skills – helping people to gain confidence and raise aspirations through training and development of new skills
- Families – supporting families and children in need and projects which combat social isolation and disadvantage
- Widening horizons/providing opportunities – supporting projects that enable young people to have opportunities that they would not otherwise have and to help them to widen their horizons and aspirations
- Elderly people – improving access to facilities and reducing isolation for the older generation.
175 organisations and more than 73,000 local people have benefited from the Gatwick Foundation fund.
Below are just some examples of the how funding from the Gatwick Foundation Fund has made a difference here in Surrey.
The Gatwick Foundation Fund awarded its most recent grants in April 2019 to:
- Actions for Carers, with support groups from across Surrey, offers help, advice and information to around 2,300 young carers aged under 18 every year – including after-school and holiday activities to give them a break from caring. The grant will help provide additional after school activities.
- Age Concern Banstead promotes the well-being of local older people by providing services to help them live safely and independently in their own homes. Grant will help fund an additional Home Visitor to match the increase in referrals.
- Merstham Community Café CIC has delivered training courses on food preparation and menu planning to low income families. The grant will help them extend their training and work experience offer to young people who may be interested in careers in catering.
- Mid Surrey Mencap helps people with Learning Disabilities, their families and carers in Epsom and Ewell, Mole Valley and Banstead. Grant to help upgrade toilet facilities which are currently not adequate for people with complex physical disabilities.
- Surrey Minority Ethnic Forum, based in Surrey Heath, represents the needs of a growing ethnic minority population in Surrey. Grant will fund the costs of a part time project worker, venue hire, volunteer refreshments, a day trip, and the cost of external trainers.
- Zoo Co Outreach works with underprivileged 8 primary schools across Surrey to deliver immersive, outdoor performances. Grant will cover workshop, publicity and staff costs for ‘Sirens’, a production which champions inclusion through deaf cast members.