In recognition of an unprecedented level of need for support for young people’s mental health in Surrey the Community Foundation for Surrey launched a new fund in 2021 based on the following:
- Identification of a need for step change in provision. This Fund will provide funding of up to £50,000 per year for up to 5 years in the first instance.
- Desire to grow and develop programmes that can evidence they are working in young people from birth up to the age of 30.
- Stop the ‘postcode lottery’ – help should be available to all who need it in Surrey when and where they need it.
- We would like to support wrap-around support for the long-term, that grows and develops as the needs of the young person and their family change over time – including organisations with differing expertise working together in partnership or in a collaborative model.
- CFSurrey funding supports community groups, charities, and other members of the VCSE sector but not the public sector or private companies. See eligibility criteria.
Round 3 open for applications November 2023.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest – 9am on Monday 5th February 2024
Funding Priority – Perinatal and pre-school support.
See attached for more info on funding criteria.
We particularly want to fund projects which demonstrate clear, measurable impact in young people and have the ability to scale up to reach:
- More beneficiaries, or,
- Beneficiaries in cohorts that are experiencing particular challenges in mental health, or,
- Beneficiaries that struggle to access support, or,
- Beneficiaries across a wider geographic area.