Please note, we are no longer accepting applications for this programme
The Community Foundation for Surrey are working with UK Community Foundations to deliver the Tampon Tax Community Fund in Surrey. UKCF have been awarded a total £3.4 million to support women and girls in local communities. In Surrey we have £55,000 to award.
The Tampon Tax Community Fund allocates funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.We will be awarding grants of £5,000 – £10,000 to charities and community groups delivering projects that support women and girls to build skills and confidence, improve their health and wellbeing, and build social networks.
The fund aims to meet the following objectives
- Building skills and confidence, for example, supporting women and girls to learn new skills, giving them the ability to apply for new jobs and/or return to the workplace.
- Improving health and well-being, for example, teaching women how to look after and improve their own mental or physical health and live in good health for longer.
- Building social networks, for example, connecting women to others they can share similar experiences with, supporting them to feel less lonely, more valued, more able to pass on that support
Priority funding will be given to:
- Women and girl organisations
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support
What we will fund:
- Volunteer expenses: Budget for training, travel, telephone calls, travel and meals
- Activity costs: Budget for resources to facilitate a project/activity; e.g. catering, insurance
- Project staff costs: Budget for external consultants, sessional staff and project staff employed for the specific project/activity that is being funded
Funding has also been awarded to local mental health charity Mind for peer support programmes. If your project is specifically to do with improving mental ill health for women and girls, we feel an application to Mind would be the best route for you. For further information about this programme and to submit an application, visit their webpage here.