Purpose of role
- To help selected charitable organisations in Surrey to achieve their full potential by providing short-term coaching and practical support.
- Funder Plus Volunteers will bring their experience and a desire to help, through listening to the key issues that need to be addressed, questioning to aid understanding, and introducing relevant information, signposting models or ways of thinking and practical steps to achieve the desired outcome.
Key elements of the role
- To use skills and experience for the benefit of one or more local charitable organisation(s).
Examples may include the following:
- Support with specific governance or financial accounting issues;
- Assist the organisation to develop systems and processes;
- Help solve a specific problem;
- Temporarily fill a skills gap;
- Develop a strategic, organisational, fundraising, communications plan(s);
- Mentor a chief executive or a team leader;
- To share experiences and learning with the team of Volunteers by attending Steering Group meetings or contributing to communities of practise where appropriate.
Equally important will be how you engage with your charitable organisation and we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate:
- Relevant expertise and experience;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and listening skills;
- A coaching approach with clear and unambiguous communications
- The ability to develop trust and empower others
- An understanding of and empathy with the ethos of the charitable/ not for profit sector;
- A common sense and flexible approach;
- Willingness to undertake required training;
- Computer literate, access to and use of email;
- Ability to travel;
- Able to prove a minimum of 2×10 hour assignments, delivered flexibly, over a 6-12 month period;
- Having met with the prospective charity and agreed to proceed, commitment and energy will also be requisite.
The icing on the cake
- Experience of working in the charitable/not for profit sector.
- Experience of providing coaching support in the charitable/ not for profit sector.
Conflict of Interest
If your business or day job is to offer a paid service to small charities that Is in line with the skills we are looking for pro bono [volunteer] support with then we will need to ask you to commit to offering services on a volunteer only basis, and not to use the opportunity as an opportunity to ‘sell’ future services. We hope you understand that we do not want small charities in vulnerable positions to feel obligated to purchase any future services from you.
To apply for the the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Application is by CV and covering email