Helping you to help your clients
We work with Solicitors, Accountants, Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers to provide advice and support relating to the philanthropic needs of your clients.
There are many pockets of genuine deprivation across our county, often hidden within towns and villages normally associated with prosperity and high living standards. And as societal needs have become more prevalent in recent years, there has been a growing interest in philanthropy, effective charitable giving and the options available.
As a Professional Advisor you will be highly skilled in providing expert advice on tax effective giving and how to donate. However, it’s also important to help your clients to find out who to donate to, whilst at the same time ensuring that the money is well used and and making a difference in the community.
By working in partnership, we at the Community Foundation for Surrey can provide a fully inclusive offering that will help your clients to meet their charitable goals and reach the causes they wish to support. We will work closely together to find the option which is right for them.
We provide a range of options for private clients who are interested in:
- Setting up a personalised fund – offering a flexible alternative to establishing a conventional charitable trust, giving your client all of the benefits and none of the administrative responsibilities;
- Contributing to an existing fund – providing a range of options for donors who wish to pool their funds with other like-minded donors;
- Setting up a tribute fund – supporting those who wish to set up a charitable fund in memory of a loved one;
- Tax effective giving – giving to CFS can result in highly attractive tax relief on donations;
- Transferring an existing charitable trust – where we can support and manage the administrative burdens of established charitable trusts;
- Leaving a legacy or gift in their will – supporting individuals who wish to leave a lasting gift to a range of organisations.
In addition, we are part of the UK Community Foundations network of 47 Community Foundations across the UK. This means that if you or your clients’ philanthropic goals are broader than Surrey alone, we can look to partner with Community Foundations in other parts of the UK.
Discover more about how we can help you and your clients by downloading A philanthropy guide to Surrey for Professional Advisors
If you would like to find out more about giving with the Community Foundation for Surrey, please email us at email@example.com