We are delighted to announce the award of a number of grants to support local voluntary and community organisations to become more resilient.
The funding from our Surrey Strategic Transformation Programme will help organisations to plan and adapt to change and be better equipped to survive and thrive through challenges and opportunities that may arise.
Grants have been awarded to the following organisations (click one each organisation to visit their website):
- Merstham Community Facility Trust – Funding for a professional Fundraiser to broaden the income streams and volumes of funding for a community hub, working in partnership with multiple organisations.
“This grant has enabled us to access fundraising expertise and capacity which we don’t currently possess. We’ve already identified opportunities for improving and expanding our income streams and our own capabilities in terms of seeking funds. We are currently developing a fundraising strategy and the necessary tools and resources for us to progress this. Recovering from the impact of Covid on our financial viability and resilience has proved very challenging. This funding is a key part of our return to ‘business as usual’ and having confidence in our long-term viability.”
Chris Spragg, Trustee, Merstham Community Facility Trust
- Intergenerational Music Making – Funding for a feasibility study, community research and project delivery piece to understand current need for the charity and to plan for the future and increase opportunities available.
“This is truly wonderful news and a massive thank you to the donors whom were able to make this happen and support our vital community intergenerational work – research and training. We are all over the moon and THANK YOU.”
- The Orpheus Centre Trust – Funding for a feasibility study to asses the capacity to undertake a large scale capital funding project to meet the growing demand of service.
“We are very grateful for this grant which will enable us to move forward with a feasibility study for our capital build project. We have grown enormously in recent years and have strong ambitions to develop our site. Our plans include a large scale project to provide better learning experiences for the young disabled students who come here.
Demand for places at our college has significantly increased and we have insufficient space to expand in the current building. We want to be able to welcome more students and help them to learn essential independence and life skills for their future. This funding takes us another step towards achieving those aims and realising our ambitions .”
Lisa Whitbread, Communications and Engagement Manager, Orpheus Centre Trust
’We are so grateful for this grant for a CRM for The Lighthouse. It means we’ll be able to communicate more effectively, keep track of everyone from funders and donors, to referrers, volunteers and guests, and it will ensure that our database is kept confidential. We have grown to such a point that this is an essential part of the next stage in our development. Many thanks for your support!”
Lucy Greenland, The Lighthouse Trust Limited
- Farncombe Day Centre – Grant for new domestic laundry equipment to replace equipment that is no longer fit for purpose at a centre providing support for older people.
- Farncombe Community Garden – Funding for a fully accessible disabled composting toilet in a community garden project in an area of disadvantage.
- Stripey Stork – Grant towards the expansion of services to make them accessible to every family across Surrey that needs them.
Read more about the Surrey Strategic Transformation Programme including how to apply for a grant.