The Community Foundation for Surrey is a philanthropic charity established in 2005 to inspire local giving for local needs. We work with donors who want to give something back to their local communities and voluntary groups providing vital services for local people and disadvantaged individuals. We are looking for a Grants Support Volunteer to help with tasks such as;
- Supporting potential applicants
- Phoning groups to encourage applications – deadline reminders
- Importing applications to the database and setting up files
- Contacting applicants for missing documents and information
- Taking enquiries over the phone
- Maintenance of our electronic database, with the aim of ensuring all grant records and contacts are up to date and accurate at all time
- Proof Reading
- Assisting with End of Grant reporting/monitoring
The Grants Support Volunteer post is an excellent opportunity to develop skills and experience of grant making with the aim of making life better for people in Surrey.
- Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to 4-8 hours per week, however are happy to fit around busy schedules
- Personable, enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills as well as being methodical and well-organised.
- Enjoy building relationships and supporting the community
- Meticulous attention to detail, you will also possess the ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Confident working with computers
As a volunteer you will receive full induction to the organisation and the role, and ongoing staff support.