The Coronavirus Response Fund has launched to support local charities and voluntary organisations that are assisting some of Surrey’s most vulnerable people.
Donations raised through the Community Foundation’s own local Coronavirus Response Fund, as well as funds made available for distribution in Surrey from the National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal will support community and voluntary organisations providing vital support to people and communities in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Fund Aim and Priorities
To support community and voluntary groups assisting in the relief effort, in easing the immediate difficulties communities are facing and to support their recovery over the coming weeks and months.
Priority will be given to voluntary organisations providing support to the most vulnerable and isolated, including:
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People on low incomes; and
- Families with young children
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to support the following:
- Enabling the delivery of services to vulnerable people – including but not limited to food banks, befriending schemes and other crucial community services and activities to support vulnerable people at this time.
- Providing information, advice, counselling and other support and community services to help people cope with isolation and the emotional stress caused in the short and medium term.
- Supporting essential running costs to enable organisations to continue to deliver vital services.
- Enabling organisations deliver differently – for example equipment to enable remote working or telephone helplines rather than face-to-face support, and moving to one-to-one outreach rather than group activities.
Retrospective payments may be made to cover costs incurred in urgent response to the crisis.
Applying to the Fund
If you are part of a local charity, community group or social enterprise and are seeking funding, you can apply to the Coronavirus Response Fund in two ways:
1. Apply Online using this short online form
2. Telephone Interview
We are offering telephone interview slots to support groups with this application.
Please complete this Doodle Poll
You will need to enter the telephone number you wish for us to reach you on, and be ready for our call at your chosen time as we can only offer 30 minutes slots due to capacity.
We recommend you read the Coronavirus Response Funding Eligibility guide before applying.
Please do view the application form here, before your call so that you can familiarise yourself with the questions we will ask you.
Donating to the Fund
It is thanks to the generosity of local donors that we are able to launch this new local response Fund, dedicated to Surrey. We are currently still seeking further support from our network of generous donors and supporters! If you would like to donate to support the Coronavirus Response Fund, you can do so here via the Fund’s Virgin Money Giving Page.
Virgin Money Giving is a simple and secure method of online giving.