Our Surrey Community Fund awards grants to fund a range of projects which support priority and emerging needs across Surrey.
Grants are awarded to groups who have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and to support changes that improve the quality of people’s lives either through building stronger communities, improving health and wellbeing and supporting education, skills and enterprise.
The fund has already supported some amazing projects – a few examples are shown below. With your help we can continue to get funding to where it is most needed.
A selection of grants from the Fund, Financial Year 2019/20
1. 40 Degreez Centre – Funding for Girls’ Self-Defence and Empowerment classes.
2. A2 Dominion Housing Group – ‘My Body and Me’ courses for women and girls in Stanwell to build emotional resilience.
3. Be Me Project ‘She is 2020’ – Funding to promote well-being and positive mental health confidence and resilience in teenage girls.
4. Emmaus Transformation Trust Limited featuring Jigsaw – Funding for a Coordinator salary for a charity providing clothing, equipment and toys for disadvantaged pre-school children in Woking.
5. Home-Start Waverley – Funding to train volunteers for peer-led support for single mothers with young children.
6. Oakleaf Enterprise ‘Our Time Development Course’ – Funding for a personal development course for women suffering mental ill-health.
7. Salfords Cricket Club – Funding to develop a girls cricket coaching session in Salford Cricket Club.
8. Send CofE Primary School – Funding to equip a new wellbeing room on the premises of a primary school.
9. Surrey Minority Ethnic Forum (SMEF) – Funding for a multi-year capacity building project for small organisations to provide intensive capacity building support to ten member groups of SMEF.
10. stem4 – Funding to support two conferences (one for teachers and one for students) around mental ill-health.
11. Surrey Minority Ethnic Forum (SMEF) – Funding for a learning project for South Asian women to learn new skills towards volunteering or employment.
12. yourSanctuary – Funding to recruit and train volunteers for a community outreach service at a domestic abuse charity.